Thursday, March 26, 2009

Free At Last!

For nearly two years now, I have been in a relationship that was full of ups and downs. It started great, but of course, I would believe that all boyfriend-girlfriend relationships begin in a happily-ever-after genre. As time went on, each one’s lapses became a reason to clash. Open communication, meeting halfway, apologies, reconciliation, and promises were made to keep such relationship. But I guess if something is not meant for you, whatever means you take to have it, it will still end up slipping out of your hands. As a woman, I would love to be my man’s priority. Who wouldn’t want to be? But it’s a sad fact when there are other things or people who come first. I don’t put blame on those things or people, because it should be him who has the initiative to realize that being in a relationship denotes that you have an obligation with your significant other. It makes you less of a person as a girlfriend if he puts priority in fetching others instead of you, or if he has to just drop you off somewhere to give a ride to another. Don’t think that I’m too shallow. This is just one of those grounds. They are too many to mention, though.
I may sound in grief, but mind you, I’m not! I am more than joyful that finally, I got to realize my value as a person again. I am in high spirits that I was able to free myself from tyranny. Hahaha!

1 comment:

  1. sis? i'm sorry to hear that. but if you're happier now, then i guess you made the right decision. happiness, i believe, is not dependent on other people but yourself. it's in your state of mind. what's important is you have Bea and us around you. oh, di ba? hehehe so cheer up! when a door closes, open your windows. don't stop believing in good things to come. they WILL come. =) - rochelle

    ReplyDelete