Friday, February 13, 2009

My Angels



Eight years ago, our family was blessed with a cute, pretty little angel named Charlize Bianca. She’s the daughter of my elder brother. Everybody just loved her deep, tantalizing eyes, especially everytime they go big whenever we are talking and playing with her. As she grew up, we became fonder of her because of how witty and smart she is. She would make funny remarks like an old person, and she loves acting like she’s a TV personality. She was always the light of the family. Whenever I got home and saw a cute, small pair of slippers, I automatically become elated because I know that our angel is home. We would read stories, eat together and sleep together. I really treated and loved her like my own daughter. Time came when I finally got pregnant. Bianca was so excited with the baby inside my womb. I told her that my baby would be named Beatriz, derived from the word ‘beatitude’ which means happiness. She would always talk to Beatriz and say “I love you Bea”, and I would also tell her that Beatriz answered back and said “I love you too Ate Bianca.” I can really see the delight in her face and asks me why I know what Bea is telling her. I used to answer Bianca that I know what’s inside Bea’s mind and heart because I am her mother, just like how her mom feels about her, and she would accept it, pleased and gratified. On the day that I was about to deliver Beatriz, I remember that we were reading stories while I was waiting for my sister to get done in the bathroom. When it was my turn, I saw signs that it was already time for Beatriz to come out. I hurriedly told my sister about it, and my sister told Bianca that she must behave because Beatriz is gonna come out soon. To our surprise, she jumped and jumped on the bed shouting, “Beatriz is coming out! Beatriz is coming out!”, excited and overjoyed.
Another angel is now in the family, another light. There’s somebody again who brings joy to us, whom we look forward to when we go home.
Now that Beatriz is already two years old, and Bianca is going eight years old, they may not have the luxury of time to play and grow up together (since Bianca is already in Manila and Bea is in Davao), but everytime they see each other, they are still the loving cousins who treat each other like sisters and play together without the boundary of time and distance. These two little girls will always be my angels. And more to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment